The object of this cover is to give companies the opportunity to ring-fence the significant and long-term exposure presented by securities offerings. It is a standalone, transaction specific policy focused on providing a tailored solution and protecting the traditional directors and officers policy limits to respond to ongoing matters.
The policy is a once only purchase with a period of validity to coincide with the statutory limitation period for bringing claims.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Up to 6 years of coverage, in line with most statutory limitation periods.
- Focused coverage for a broad range of liabilities.
- Applicable to Offerings on any non-US stock exchange.
- Blanket coverage for securities sold pursuant to rule 144A of the Securities Act of 1933. Other SEC-related exposures can be covered subject to underwriting.
- Covers liabilities arising from negotiations and decisions made in connection with the Offering, including any statements made by any Insured during Road Shows.
- Preserves the insured persons right to indemnity.
- Covers public relations consultant fees required to mitigate reputational injury.
- Cover can be extended to include the issue underwriters as insureds, as well as other parties such as attorneys and accountants who are involved in the preparing of the prospectus.